Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

CURRENTLY USE A SNAPPER UG2060 ENGINE IDLES AND RUNS SMOOTH...UNTIL

Customer Question

CURRENTLY USE A SNAPPER UG2060
ENGINE IDLES AND RUNS SMOOTH...UNTIL A LOAD IS APPLIED AND ACCELERATION OR BLADES ARE TURNED ON. WHAT COULD THE FIX BE
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
Fuel and ignition problems are most common and these are amplified under a load more so than other problems are in terms of the problem. Always start by checking compression and if good move on to replacing spark plugs (cannot tell by looking at them) if that doesn't help then using a timing light under engine load/problem if no misfires then move to checking air and exhaust issues if none found now it's time to inspect the fuel system making sure correct flow to carb and then cleaning the carb using a rebuild kit for reassembly. Your also checking to make sure unit is not flooding, this can be done with brand new spark plugs start engine and as soon as the problem shut it down pull the spark plugs and inspect how they look esp if wet.
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/engine/plugs.html
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.