Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a Husqvarna YTH 2348. This is the first time this season

Customer Question

I have a Husqvarna YTH 2348. This is the first time this season that I have tried to start it up but when I turn the key, nothing happens. The engine does not turn over and there is no clicking sound either. I hooked up a portable charger to the battery and tried to start and still nothing. I also looked at the 20 amp fuse and it looks good. Not certain what else to try.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a 12 volt test light. If so, check your fuse. Although it looks good, it still could be at fault. Also check your fuse holder. Check for a loose connection on your battery and solenoid. Try jumping across the terminals on your solenoid, with a screwdriver, to see if your engine will spin.We can continue from here. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used a screwdriver across the solenoid and when someone is sitting on the mower with the brake engaged, it started right up.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for checking. Have you checked to see if your fuse is blown?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuse looks like it is still intact. I used a voltage tester on the battery and it lights up around 6 volts and the 12 volt light is barely lit.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Your battery may be at fault. 6 volts is too low to start your engine. It will be good to have your battery tested, at your local auto parts store, just to be sure.