Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Well about a week ago I was running my onan 4000 and I heard

Customer Question

Well about a week ago I was running my onan 4000 and I heard what I thought was a power surge . I ran to the switch on the wall and shut the generator off . In doing so I noticed the surging sound sounded like it was coming from the breaker box . I didn't make much of it and about ten minutes later I started it back up . It appeared as though everything was fine . Later on that even I noticed that the two 110 outlets on each side of the bed where not working .I didn't make much of that as well because everything else was working fine . About a week later the generator wouldn't stay running. I made sure the oil level was good and tried it agen still nothing it starts fine . I let go of the switch and it dyes this is my problem my phone number is ***** XXX XXXX please I need your help
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
What is the model number of the genset? Can you describe the sound a little better? Surging is when the engine speeds up and slows down. You can not hear electricity surging..