Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an EZgo RXV 2009 that won't move. I was on the golf course when we started to

Customer Question

I have an EZgo RXV 2009 that won't move. I was on the golf course when we started to move off the tee to get our ball it stopped and wouldn't move. It is like the brake is on solid. Initially, the voltage indicator showed full, but the needle only moves erratically. The lights and horn work.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
RXV will not release brake with less than 48 volts. Do you have a voltmeter to check the system?Will charger come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, the cart is still on the Golf Course. We were half thru our round when the cart locked. The cart was fully charged prior to starting and the battery level indicator gauge showed full at the time the cart stopped on its own. We were moving forward at the time. Is there a way to release the brake without taking the Brake off the AC motor? Putting it in the tow/maintenance position did nothing. Is there a Brake Release lever? Bot***** *****ne at this point I need to get it off the Golf Course and it will not move an inch. Appreciate your help.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Only was to release the brake is to remove the four mounting bolts, or apply 48 volts to it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank I will try in the morning.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK< thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully, we are talking about the same unit. Mine has a small connector on top and three mounting bolts. Is there any other tips to uninstalling
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
No, may only be three bolt!