Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

My Troy Built 170-TO engine on a MTD tiller won't start. Not

Customer Question

My Troy Built 170-TO engine on a MTD tiller won't start. Not getting gas to cylinder. There is gas in float bowl and float and valve work.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
This indicates either the carb needing professionally rebuilt/replaced or if it has the electronic solenoid on the bowl that it is preventing fuel however your stating it's allowing fuel in the bowl, thus so long as flow is good to the carb than the problem can only be the actual carb.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.