Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Curtis, I have a husqvarna 2348 riding mower that when started

Customer Question

hi Curtis, I have a husqvarna 2348 riding mower that when started is barely idling at full throttle.
When I play with the govenor and get it to full throttle it will die when I engage the blades
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Fuel supply good to the carburetor? Is engine firing on Both cylinders? Do cylinder test, loosen the spark plug wires, then with engine idling pull one wire at a time, if engine dies when one is removed, the opposite cylinder is dead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tractor runs fine onceni play with the govenor. The engine dies when i engage the blades. Otherwise i can drive the tractor around all day.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do cylinder test, you may be surprised!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay I think I got it. What is the fix if this is the answer?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Check cylinder for spark. Check for compression. If both are good, check the valves!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay pulled plug wires and the tractor slowed but continued to run each time.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
So engine is firing on both cylinders! Have you checked the fuel supply to the carburetor? Fuel filter been replaced? Is the solenoid in the carburetor base Fully open?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the short response, the lock on question keeps resetting every 15 seconds!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

New filter 10 hours ago. Solinoid is opening and closing with the key turning on and off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

filter was replaced about 10 hours ago. Solenoid functions when turning key on and off. I pulled it from the float and checked.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Everything says fuel starvation, I would be checking the carburetor and try to eliminate the fuel solenoid.