Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Craftsman 10/36 riding mower, an old 1983 model. I

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman 10/36 riding mower, an old 1983 model. I just bought it cheap because it wont run. I took the cover off the top and found that the ignition coil was just burned up. I also see that it has points under the flywheel. The two wires from the points are just sticking up outside the flywheel not connected to anything. Can you tell me where they connect?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
There is a conversion where the old coil and points are replaced with a new style coil which eliminates the points.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Get a new coil for electronic ignition and install it. You do not connect the old points.