Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Toro 20016 high-wheel recycler mower. Had it about

Customer Question

I have a Toro 20016 high-wheel recycler mower. Had it about 5 years. Problem: it's not starting at all - not even a sound that it may be firing. Stopped in the middle of mowing last week. We put in a new spark plug, cleaned the carburetor, new air filter - when we pull the cord to start, nothing. No sound, obviously the spark is not catching. Removed spark plug, cleaned out the place where the spark plug was, smeared with a little oil. Nothing. Pull the cord, no sound, no cough, no start - nothing. Has the machine finally died? Thank you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Briggs engine? Locate the coil mounted next to the flywheel, and remove the small kill wire. Then with the spark plug removed, and grounded to the metal of the engine spin engine and look for spark. If no spark, the coil is bad. The coil and the magnet in the flywheel is all that makes the spark.