Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

The tiller will move only in reverse. will not move forwar

Customer Question

the tiller will move only in reverse. will not move forward?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. Can you give me the model number by any chance ? I want to pull a parts diagram to see if it's belt driven and if the belt came off or if a key sheared
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see any belts Seems to have only linkage all the sticker are missing Could use guide on on where type of Mach. Etc Might be found
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only sticker left has a print date of 1987 and upon closer insp see some belts behind a cover Will look further
Will wait until it warms up alittle more and remove cover and chech it out futher! Will get back to you proably in a couple of hours. Live in the Mountains and its still niply outside!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a pony model
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll see what I can find without the model number , do you know the hp rating so I can get a general idea of what diagram to look at , those older engines had a belt for forward and a different belt on a pto shaft for reverse , hopefully the forward belt either broke or popped off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when you said belts it all clicked into place THANKS Problem solved!
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Great , I'm glad it's fixed , please don't forget to rate my service so I get credited with helping you
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Please don't forget to rate my service