Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a 5-7 year old Troybilt generator. I use it once or

Customer Question

I have a 5-7 year old Troybilt generator. I use it once or twice per year. We are in the middle of a power outage. The generator cranked up fine but only two of the 4 outlets work? Is there a simple explanation for this?
Also can you recommend someone who services your generators in my area (zip code 70808 - Baton Rouge, LA)
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
The most common reason for some receptacles to work, but not all of them, is that one or more circuit breakers are tripped on the control panel. Check all the breakers to see if they need to be reset. Most of them are of the push button type, so just push them all in.It is possible that some wiring is loose, or a receptacle is bad, but not nearly as likely as a tripped breaker. I am from KY, and don't know anyone in your area, but most small engine shops will work on this. To find a shop, just grab the Yellow Pages, and look under "Generators". You should find one very near you..
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Was this what you wanted to know?.