Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

Honda ride-on im 65 so have some experience came from era where

Customer Question

Honda ride-on im 65 so have some experience came from era where u didn't rush out n buy a new one lol basics covered found bad micro switch on emer brake seat has safety switch removed by preveious owner pto has safety switch but damned if I can find it tested ignition sw with vom 12.7 volts present batt to gnd turn key to start 12.7 goes to solenoid wire but no cranking warning buzzer that indicates safety prob mower ran fine 3 weeks ago w/jump start getting to solenoid connectors going to b a stone bitch its a Honda lol
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.
I will always try to reply back to you right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.
Pto Safety is pretty much built in, if pto is engaged then mower knows blades are set to on, the mower will not start, check pto switch is not sending power out to the pto if not then it's not the problem (unless a short in the wiring), seat safety switch should be installed, bypassing it is a very bad idea if one ever fell off the mower it would continuing running which could cause serious harm or death or at least damage from the mower continuing to drive on its own.
If you have 12v going to the solenoid then that's usually a sign there is a mechanical failure, 12v will not go from the switch to the solenoid (during cranking) unless safety switches allow it to, this is pending you didn't instead test the battery direct connection to it which is 12v at all times. So if your getting 12v on the small wire during cranking and large battery cable to solenoid also 12v and all connections are tight this means check solenoid out to starter and if no 12v then replace solenoid, if there is then check starter ground (mounting) then actual starter motor and not hydrolocked. Safety either stop 12v from solenoid and or prevent spark by grounding but still allow crank.
Thank you!
- Joe
Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!
If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.