Chris
Chris, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  20 years of servicing small engines of all kinds
5111025

How do you tilt the motor and drain the oil in a Troy-Bilt

How do you tilt the motor and drain the oil in a Troy-Bilt LS 27 TB log splitter with a Honda engine?

Chris :

Hello how are you

Customer:

confused.

Chris :

I will clear that up for you

Chris :

Give me a moment to gather some info

Customer:

okay

Chris :

Ok, the models with the honda engine make things a little more difficult, i cant see you tilting the whole splitter on its side without breaking your back

Chris :

I have another option

Chris :

Tilt the splitter in such a way where the tire opposite of the oil fill is proped up to tilt the splitter, put a long under the wheel or block of wood.

Chris :

Now get your self a turkey baster and suck the oil out.

Full Size Image

Chris :

I have a oil extraction tank i use for everything, if you have alot of equipment it may be a good investment, Its the cleanest way to change oil in small engines, jet skis, boats etc

Chris :

Here is a inexpensive unit

Chris :

If you have any further questions or problems feel free to post them here. Please remember to rate your experience, my goal is excellent servece. Thanks & Good Luck!

Chris :

Do you have any more questions for me at this point?

Chris :

I would like to move on to my next question but do not want to leave you if you need more info

Please remember to rate your experience...Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, Chris. Went to local Lowes, bought one and am ready to change oil. Cutting wood with neighbor tomorrow, so had to be ready asap. Thanks again, Elwood

Your welcome. Winters coming fast. Please remember to rate my answer when you get a chance.