Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

LT150 stalls on clutch release

Replaced drive belt on LT150 now stalls on clutch release and gears a bit sticky. Seat switch okay...does the same thing with belt on or off so belt may be a red herring

Curtis B. :

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !!

Curtis B. :

Full Size Image

Curtis B. :

I could not locate the LT150, but here is LT152 schematic. The seat switch and the brake switch have to complete the run circuit. It is not complete, so it kills the engine when the brake is released. Check the harness to both the seat and the brake switch. You can check the circuit with an ohmmeter or a test light .

Curtis B. :

Look to see if when replacing the belt, you could have knocked the brake wires loose.

Curtis B. :

Let me know,. Thank you.

Hi...actually just worked it out myself...clutch safety switch not engaging properly...I won't tell you how I fixed it....

Curtis B. :

Good job! Thanks for the reply.