Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

For Curtis B -My name isXXXXX and I was talking to you

For Curtis B -My name isXXXXX and I was talking to you yesterday about my riding lawn mower not turning off with the key. In response to your question, by grounding the black wire it shuts it off.

Hi, I'm Gina and I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional, Curtis, a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Gina

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. Will await Curtis' reply.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I tried to answer your original question. Check your wiring diagram and the key switch , be sure the ground wire on the switch is on the correct terminal on the switch, and be sure the black kill wire is on the right terminal on the key switch. Check the kill wire from the engine, to be sure it is continuous to the key and is not broken.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your time and troubles. Will try to work it out.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the engine will run and the coil is good. You can always add a toggle switch and use it as he kill switch. Just ground one side, and kill wire to other, when switch is moved, it would ground out the spark and kill engine. A spring loaded switch would work great. Thank you again!
Curtis B., Technician
Experience: have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert