Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a Toro 56127 Rear engine rider. Got it starter and

Customer Question

I have a Toro 56127 Rear engine rider. Got it starter and began to use it. Flooded, and noticed gas running through the car into the intake and up into the air filter. Rebuilt carb and it continues to allow gas to flow into the intake. What's the problem? Float looks ok. Should I replace the carb, and, if so what current model will work?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

litl_techtalker : Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
litl_techtalker : How are you tonight?
Customer:

I am just fine Donald, do you have any thoughts on my problem?

litl_techtalker : I will do my best to figure out what is causing our problem.
Customer:

I have a Toro 56127 and the carb is letting gas pass right through it into the intake. I've rebuilt it, but the condition persists. Not sure what the issue is.

litl_techtalker :

I do you likely have either a needle that is not properly seating or you could possibly have a faulty float inside your carburetor

litl_techtalker :

What is the brand of your engine?

Customer:

It's a Tecumseh engine TVM 195 and the best I can tell, it's a 632237 carb.

litl_techtalker :

Thanks ...

litl_techtalker :

Full Size Image

litl_techtalker :

Did you replace the needle and seat in your carburetor after you cleaned it?

Customer:

The float looked okay and I replace the needle and the seat. Float wasn't full of gas and no apparent holes.

litl_techtalker :

Did you replace your fuel hose and your fuel filter?

Customer:

No. Didn't replace either one, but since I was getting good fuel flow through the line with no leaks, presumed it was fine.

litl_techtalker :

Thanks ... The reason I asked, is because sometimes, unless you clean your fuel tank, and change your fuel hose and fuel filter, residue from inside your fuel hose and debris from your fuel tank can make its way into a clean carburetor and lodge between your needle and seat.

Customer:

When I rebuilt the carb, it looked pretty clean and the needle seat was clear. I was wondering about just going ahead and buying a new carb. Not sure what model I should buy as this one has been superceded.

litl_techtalker :

Thanks ... This was going to be my suggestion to you. I wanted to back track first and make sure you covered everything before suggesting a new carburetor.

litl_techtalker :

You are correct. This carburetor is no longer available, but if you can give me a minute or two, I will check to see if I can find you a replacement carburetor.

Customer:

Great, thanks.

litl_techtalker :

Thanks for waiting ... Click Here to see this carburetor I found for you.

Customer:

Okay, I assume the linkages will all fit. Thanks

litl_techtalker :

Your are welcome. It should hook right up the same as your original carburetor.

Customer:

Thanks and have a good weekend.

Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience: I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.
Hello Jim,

This is a follow up to say thank you for the bonus and positive rating you gave to me. I want you to know that it was pleasure working with you. Also, thank you again for choosing Just Answer.

If you have questions again, I will be happy to work with you to get you the answer you need.

Sincerely,
Donald
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Got a new carb from Small Engines in Kansas, a little cheaper, $30 less, and the mower is running like a champ. Tried to rebuild old carb a second time , put new float in it, but no joy so far.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.
You are very welcome and Jim, I do appreciate you for sharing your results with me. You have a great day!