Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

my 2007 troy bilt pony has a broken pto cable, is this a part

my 2007 troy bilt pony has a broken pto cable, is this a part I can buy & replace myself? if so, how do you replace it? & where do I buy the cable? the model# XXXXX XXXXX or do I have to take to a service center?
Hello, and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I'll be helping you today and am committed to providing clear and concise answers to your question.

The deck engagment cable is part number 746-04173B and can be purchased from a local dealer or online. I'll link to a shopping search below so make it easy to compare prices and suppliers.

Shopping Search

Here are the instructions for replacement:

Hope this helps!

Please remember to rate my answer only when you are <b>100% satisfied</b>. If you need more information, please stop and reply to me via the <b>REPLY TO EXPERT</b> link in the lower right corner of the ratings box with any issue or remaining question you may have. My reputation as an excellent expert is critical, and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the best service possible. Your highest rating is my primary goal because that means I've given you the top-quality service you deserve.

Thank you so much!