Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

how do I remove the float bowl from a

how do I remove the float bowl from a briggs and Stratton engine model no. 275160, which is on a craftsman pressure washer? I removed the bottom bolt, but couldn't get the bowl cover off. I was afraid of damaging it. My washer had been unused for 5 years. I'm sorry to say I didn't store it down properly. When I turn the gas on to the carb, the gas flows out the front of the carb where the choke is. I can't see any place else that it's leaking from. Please help. Chuck XXXXX  XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.

litl_techtalker :

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.

litl_techtalker :

How are you tonight Chuck?

Customer :

I'm good. What do I do next? Thank you.

litl_techtalker :

Your bowl is just stuck on due to gum and varnish. Carefully twist it, and it should come off. Your bowl nut is the only thing that holds your bowl to the bottom of your carburetor.

litl_techtalker :

There is a rubber gasket between your bowl and carburetor. Hopefully you can get it off without damaging this gasket.

Customer :

I tried twisting it off with my hands but it wouldn't budge. what if I used a wrench or a screw driver to remove it. could I cause any damage to the parts inside?

litl_techtalker :

If you have a small screwdriver, you can put it between your carburetor and the upper ridge of your bowl and carefully pry your bowl off.

litl_techtalker :

I wouldn't use a wrench ...

litl_techtalker :

Full Size Image

Customer :

I will do what you suggested. I haven't work on engines in 25 years and my memory isn't that sharp any more. I appreciate your help and you have given me confidence that I can still do things like this. Thank you. Chuck

litl_techtalker :

Chuck, you are welcome! Just take your time and you will get it to work out for you.

Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience: I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
Expert:  Donald replied 11 months ago.
Hello

This is a follow up to say thank you for the positive rating and for choosing Just Answer. Also, I want you to know that it was a pleasure working with you.

If you have questions again, I will be happy to work with you to get you the answer you need.

Sincerely,
Donald