Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

I have a Bolens riding lawnmower Model #13AM761F065. My mower

I have a Bolens riding lawnmower Model #13AM761F065. My mower has run very well for several years but today it will not move when I start it and shift into F or R. With the engine off, I can shift into F or R and the mower will not roll freely which seems to indicate the gears are engaging. Any help would be much appreciated.
Hello, and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I'll be helping you today and am committed to providing clear and concise answers to your question.

Let's start with a drive reset, please.

If you shut a transmatic tractor down while in high gear it can sometimes cause the drive system to bind. This procedure may reset this conditiion and restore normal operation.

1. Place shift lever in neutral
2. Restart engine
3. Place speed control lever in high speed position
4. Release clutch-brake pedal fully
5. Depress clutch-brake pedal
6. Place speed control lever in desired position
7. Place shift lever in either forward or reverse and follow normal operating procedures

Site guidelines require that I post all troubleshooting steps or partial answers as answers, but this may not be the final answer. Additional troubleshooting may be required. So please hold off on rating until we determine the exact problem. If this doesn't solve it, or if you need additional assistance in applying this answer to your specific situation, please use the "reply to expert" link so we can continue the discussion.