Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines

I have an Ariens 624E snowblower. It is running rough. I changed

Customer Question

I have an Ariens 624E snowblower. It is running rough. I changed the spark plug which did not help. Maybe getting to much gas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jon K. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is Jon and I will do my best to help you find the answer you need to resolve your problem.

More then likely it is not getting enough gas. What you are going to want to do is to clean out your carburetor. First shut your fuel off, then at the bottom center of the carb is a 1/2 inch bolt head. Remove this and drop your float bowl. Clean the float bowl area and then the small bolt, this is your main jet. make sure you run a small wire like a bread tie through the little holes. Reassemble and you should be up and running correctly again