Glen
Glen, Owner Corks Repair
Experience:  I have been working on small engines for over 20 years

HRR2168VKA: i BOUGHT A BRAND NEW HONDA HRR2168VKA LAWN MOWER

Customer Question

i BOUGHT A BRAND NEW HONDA HRR2168VKA LAWN MOWER IN JUNE OF THIS YEAR AND LAST WEEK WHILE CUTTING THE GRASS THE SMART DRIVE CONTROL STOPPED WORKING. WHAT SHOULD I CHECK?

JEFF
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Glen replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is XXXX X will try and help you with this today. First off this is not what your going to want to hear it's brand new so my best info for you is to take it back to the dealer as it's under warranty and if you repair it yourself you can void the warranty. But if you wish to check things the first is the belt and make sure it's in place and that there isn't a build up of grass on the pulleys. Best thing is take it to your dealer for warranty repairs.

Thanks

Glen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What you told me I totally realized. I just didn't want to have to hassle with having to take it back to HomeDepot and then wait a period ot time.

Expert:  Glen replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sorry this wasn't the info you wanted but it's the best advice i can give you as you have 2 years of warranty on your mower and you don't really want to loose it. I wouldn't take it back to home depot i would find a local honda service center to take it back to. They maybe able to fix it on the spot. If you wish to check things out i would look at the belt and the cables and make sure the release on the handle is locked in. The release so you can change the position of the smart drive handles. Kinda sounds like maybe the belt came off under the deck or the cable came un hooked these are the only things to check. Plus just because i gave you info that you really didn't want to hear isn't a reason to give me a poor rating because most of the experts would say the same thing thats why no one was touching the question. I hope this may help Once again sorry

Glen

Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!