Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

I need apicture of the throttle linkage on a tecumseh 5 hp

I need apicture of the throttle linkage on a tecumseh 5 hp lev 120 log splitter,i can get the log splitter to run but can't get it to idle?I did not take it apart helping a friend who took it apart he replaced the carb so I dont know if he is missing a part where the spring connects to?

Hello, and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I'll be helping you today and am committed to providing clear and concise answers to your question.

Here's a picture of the linkage used on that series. Please let me know if anything isn't clear.

Hope this helps!

Please remember to rate my answer only when you are 100% satisfied. If you need more information, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT link in the lower right corner of the ratings box with any issue or remaining question you may have. My reputation as an excellent expert is critical, and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the best service possible. Your highest rating is my primary goal because that means I've given you the top-quality service you deserve.

Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In picture 30 is the throttle linkage hooked to speed control lever?

There is a link that runs from the speed control lever to the governor spring, then onto the governor lever. A link also returns from the governor lever to the plate on top of the carburetor that controls the throttle butterfly.