RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  28 YEAR SERVICE TECHNICIAN
19031375

after I start engine on my j.d. lt166 and push thr choke knob

after I start engine on my j.d. lt166 and push thr choke knob in, the engine sputters and runs rough. When I pull back on the knob, engine smooths out but doess't seem to have full power. This just started shortly after I changed the the oil and filter and air filter

RUSS :

Hi, this is Russ,! I will give you the benefit of 28 years experience and teaching. This is a solid indication there is dirt in the carburetor and it will take removing the carburetor and disassembling it then soaking in carb cleaner overnight. You can TRY THIS: If you see a brass nut on the bottom of the carburetor, remove it and clean it well, there should be a small home in the brass nut, make certain it is clean if so equipped. If not the carb cleaning is needed. THANKS

RUSS :

The old filter restricted air flow and acted like a chjoke, the new one does not restrict the air....

Customer:

I am not a mechanic. How involved is removing the carb?

RUSS :

As long as you draw a diagram of all parts removed and all linkage, you will be fine...it is not terribly bad to do.DRAW A DIAGRAM...I CANNOT SUGGEST THAT ENOUGH

THANKS AND GOD BLESS