Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines
29067132

Jon stihl 034av super chainsaw, need a diagram or Manuel to

Jon stihl 034av super chainsaw, need a diagram or Manuel to reassemble got with head and carb off looks like something is missing on the choke lever, the rod does not operate the choke butterfly.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jon K. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you find the answer you need to resolve your problem.

Is this what you are looking for?I believe on this model that the control lever (the one you hit with your thumb for on/ off/choke) is what controls the choke. The tab on the right side contacts a tab on the air filter pushing the choke closed (it is inside the air filter, some of the newer ones do have a separate rod though

graphic

Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience: Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines
Expert:  Jon K. replied 2 years ago.

O34 service manual

Wow I wasn;t sure the entire manual would fit into this forum. Regardless here you are Sir!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jon when i select choke on master choke lever there is nothing to move the rod to the butterfly
Expert:  Jon K. replied 2 years ago.
Have you replaced the air filter? or the carburetor? It appears that the master control rod (#19) should contact a tab on the air filter and close the choke tab (#9) on the air filter. The newer 034s did not have a choke inside the air filter and used a butterfly on the carb. If you have replaced either the carb or air filter you may have a mis matched set up
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jon the butterfly is in the carb with a rod that operates it with the choke cotrol on stop switch at rear left. The striker is not touching the rod lever when you employ the choke. I can see where it looks like it should operate it but looks like it should raise up about another inch.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jon the butterfly is in the carb with a rod that operates it with the choke cotrol on stop switch at rear left. The striker is not touching the rod lever when you employ the choke. I can see where it looks like it should operate it but looks like it should raise up about another inch. The setup is a plastic lever that runs horizontal through the trigger housing and when choke is employed should make striker on opposite side push the rod up to engage choke thats where it doesn't reach.
Expert:  Jon K. replied 2 years ago.
Please see the picture at the bottom of page 44 in the service manual I sent you. If everything is in the right place then either the choke rod or the control lever is bent. The other option is that the left side of the control rod is not sitting in the saddle where the on off choke lever is
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert