PopDaddy, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Shop owner & tech for 20 yrs.

i have a toro 22 in lawn mower, model no 20371. I have only

Customer Question

i have a toro 22 in lawn mower, model no 20371. I have only used it 3 times. Now it wont start. Any idea what the problem is? Spark plug is connected, there is oil and gas in it. Very frustrating
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  PopDaddy replied 4 years ago.
Hello I'm PopDaddy and I want to assist you in your DIY project! Let's figure out your challenge today...First you'll want to check for spark. Pull out the spark plug and leave it attached to the plug wire. While wearing insulated gloves or holding the spark plug boot with insulated pliers, touch the curved "tang" above the center electrode in the plug to an unpainted part of the engine and have somebody pull the rope starter while you check for a bright blue spark jumping across. Also look for excessive or no fuel on plug when you remove it, if it is really wet with fuel, it is probably flooded and will need to be blown out through the spark plug hole with compressed air.
Expert:  PopDaddy replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Hi [Customer Name],

Just following up, did my answer help,or do you require further assistence?
If not, would you give me a positive rating, it's how we're paid Thank you

Pleas let me know... [Expert Name]