James W
James W, Small Engine Troubleshooting Expert
Experience:  7 years as Mechanic & Parts Manager for Brother who has Owned Lawn & Garden Repair shop for 35 years
18589515

I have a toro recycler GTS 6.5 HP self propelled (front drive)

I have a toro recycler GTS 6.5 HP self propelled (front drive) Lawn mower. How do you remove the wheel bearing to install on a new transmission part?

James W :

Greetings, My name isXXXXX and I am here to help the best I can. My goal is 100% satisfaction. Let's get started.

James W :

James W :

Full Size Image

James W :

as you can see from this diagram, it ALL has to come off, wheel, adjustor, everything down to the frame of the mower

James W :

2 screws hold the adjustor in place. (9)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the diagram. The problem is there appears to be no way to remove part # XXXXX & #13 from the axle. I have everything removed down to this point? What am I missing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have the diagram. I have removed everything down to #12 and #13.

There appears to be no way to remove the bearing from the axle?

the bearings slide, but there is a key and spring that must be removed that are on / in a slot in the axle.

It turns the gear.

Here is a complete service manual for the Toro and lawn boy self propelled systems.

I am sure it will help

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CGsQFjAA&url= http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amopower.com%2FToro%2520Lawn-Boy%2520Walk%2520Behind%2520Power%2520Mower%2520Drive%2520Systems%2520Manual.pdf&ei=O-8NUNH0GNG60AGUwoHQBA&usg=AFQjCNHDCaH9ArHbh1zMd45m22QjBBa-Ww&sig2=mEBteABv7R4gBQe2mK-Zrw