16hp Briggs and Stratton Vanguard twin with vaccuum fuel pump....took

16hp Briggs and Stratton Vanguard twin with vaccuum fuel pump....took line from pump to carb off and started the engine, no fuel flow. Replaced the vacuum line, no difference, still no flow. Could it be a bad fuel pump?
Hi, this is Russ, I'll be helping you with your problem today. THANKS! Sorry, the live chat is not sworking on my end! Look at the carburetor, if you see a wire(s) goinjg to it. IF SO, this is a fuel solenoid. It is checked for continuity useing a volt ohm meter. If no continuity, replace the solenoid. If it is good, then I believe you do have a bad pump...Briggs sells a rebuild kit for the pump. You want to BE CERTAIN there is feul flow from the tank. Remove the line going to the fuel filter, gently pressurize the tank, (use air, or blow into the tank while sealing off the fuel flow with your hand or rag. If fuel flow, definate bad pump. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So if that solenoid was bad, wouldnt make a difference if the pump was ok, the solenoid would be stopping the flow from the pump anyway correct?

The FUEL SOLENOID if bad does not allow fuel to enter the is a safety/pollution control in case the float sticks open!

Please remember that efven after you accopt the question, I will reply to further questions if related to the first one. THANKS AGAIN!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So the solenoid if faulty would stop the pump from working correct?
If the fuel line is attached to the carb, no fuel will flow while cranking....the solenoid stops fuel flow from going into the carburetor