Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Slow ground speed. Engine OK, Throttle OK, Just slow ground

MTD Riding Mower with Slow ground speed. Engine OK, Throttle OK, Just slow ground speed and break won't stop it.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, Still waiting for a answer about my riding mower question.
http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=mtd&mn=133P670G088+%28TMO-3100002%29+%281993%29&dn=00912000004 Here is parts breakdown, speed is in relation to the #82 variable pulley. This pulley is what has to change shape for unit to gain speed. It is common problem on this type drive. You can see if it is being moved when you change speed lever positions, and if it is moving and nothing is happening. The pulley needs to be replaced. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK, took that off and cleaned it up, now replacing both belts. If this doesn't work is there anything else I need to know?
No, if it doesn't work, the pulley is still problem and replacement would be in order.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience: have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks
Thank you.