Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines
29067132

Good evening, I have a Craftsman 4 stroke Gas Trimmer, Model

Good evening, I have a Craftsman 4 stroke Gas Trimmer, Model 977, Type 05991, code(NNN) NNN-NNNN with a Briggs & Stratton engine, I just purchased from Sears a fuel tank assembly Briggns & Statton P/N 696919. Please advise me the procedures for getting the fuel line hoses into the tank, they came separate and are to large to go into the holes on top of the plastic tank. Do you have directions as to the way to proceed.

Thanks

Robert Remel
[email protected]
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jon K. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you find the answer you need to resolve your problem.

Cut them at an angle, and press them in. If you have access to a pair of bent needle nose pliers use those through the gas tank. These can and will be stubborn, but you need to be able to grab them from inside the tank and pull them through, they are press fit so that they will not leak