Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

sovereign lawn mower petrol driven,briggs and strattion 375

sovereign lawn mower petrol driven,briggs and strattion 375 .fuel ok hard to pull start toggle.i have put new spark plug in .its not firing up,it just gives a fewnoises but doesnt get going
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hello,yes i am still waiting for a answer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
been waiting 24 hours
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hello iam not getting any response.its two days now

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! With the spark plug removed, does engine spin freely? With finger and rag held on spark plug hole do you have enough compression to move your finger? Do you have spark at the plug, when it is grounded to metal? If you have spark, put about a teaspoon of fuel in the spark plug hole, re-install the plug and see if it will fire for few seconds. If it does, the carburetor is not delivering fuel. Can you get the model number and type number off the engine? Example 123450-123-E1
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hello,sovereign 375 family ybsxs 1581va 27460 spark plug out lot easier to pull toggle with finger on hole yes could move finger couldnt see spark when grounded maybe there was bit awkward to see so then i put teespone of fuel in srark plug hole it did fire for couple of seconds.so onwards and upwards hopefully
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 years ago.
I think you have a carburetor that needs to be cleaned. If i'm right , it is the tank mounted unit. The site I have listed , shows your Briggs carburetor at the top. Shows how to remove and how to repair. With engine firing with small amount of fuel introduced into the cylinder, it has to be the carburetor not delivering the fuel to the cylinder. Thanks. http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/
Curtis B., Technician
Experience: have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi curtis,well i cleaned the carb,one small problem the govenor spring i cant work out how it moves it i have got the main bar on but its the spring wires, i can move it with my fingers butit just like stays would it be alright to put it in the open position and leave it without the small spring wires on regards ian
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 years ago.
Did you look at the diagram on the web site linked? Which spring are you speaking, the small spring, wrapped around the link? It is just used to go from one end of the link to the other to stabilize the link. It is not important, and could be left off, the other spring is the important one. http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_10l900_carb.asp
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi curtis,checked diagram,there are 2 springs large and small,the othere bit is on,i just cant see when i move the lever at the side,how it works,if i connect one spring it closes it so how does it open its confused me.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 years ago.
Lever only works when engine is running. Without engine running the throttle doesn't move, the governor controls it when engine is running.
Curtis B., Technician