Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines

I have a Poulan chain saw that stopped working in the middle

I have a Poulan chain saw that stopped working in the middle of cutting up a tree. I am not getting any fuel into the priming bulb. What are the most likely problems?

Jim Fay
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jon K. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you find the answer you need to resolve your problem.

The most common issue would be a clogged fuel filter or more likely a broken fuel line. You have 2 fuel lines going onto the tank. One stops right inside the tank (this is your return line) the other is the pickup line and it should extent all the way to the bottom of the tank and terminate with a filter

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where do I get these parts?
Expert:  Jon K. replied 4 years ago.
The lines and filters can be bought at any small engine shop, Bring in a piece of the old line so they can match up the diameter