J.R., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner of outdoor power equipment business, repairing all makes and models.

Hi,having a problem with husqvarna 455 rancher

Hi,having a problem with husqvarna 455 rancher was running great then i went to use it the next day and it won't rev wiyhout dying.starts and idles fine.Changed plug and made new batch of gas.seems to help a little but but not long.
Thanks Les
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  J.R. replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer,

The problem sounds typical of a carburetor that has some stiff diaprams. I would suggest that you have the carburetor rebuilt. I would also repalce all of the fuel lines and the fuel filter as well. Another thing to check is the screen in the exhuast to make sure it is not plugged up with carbon.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this saw is a year old this month with maybe ten hours on was stored when not used with carb you really think i might need a carb rebuild?
Expert:  J.R. replied 4 years ago.
Yes I do. The gas these days is terible on the diaprams in the carburetors. It is common to have to rebuild the carburetors nearly every year now.