Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a ryobi mod.#775r weedeater, and was replacing the primer

I have a ryobi mod.#775r weedeater, and was replacing the primer button and gas lines. However after disconnecting the fuel lines i can't remember the configureation of the gas lines. Where does the line from tank go, does it go directly to the carburator or does it connect directly to the primer button, if it goes directly to the carburator does it connect to the top or the bottom fitting? Where does the lines from the primer button go to, it appears that there is 3 lines but only 2 holes to run the lines thru. Any help with this would be appreciated.

curtis b :

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !!

curtis b :

The line from the tank goes into the carburetor, the line from the carburetor goes to the primer and the primer line goes back into the tank. Here is a schematic.

curtis b :

Full Size Image

I switched it to question and answer as Chat has problems viewing. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The schematic must be for another type it does not look anything like mine. I do not understand this, the primer button has 2 connections, there are only 2 holes that go through from the tank and primer button area back into the carburator are and there are 3 gas lines. My tank is located on top.
The picture is universal. Your line comes from the tank, to the top of the carburetor, the botXXXXX XXXXXne from the carburetor goes to the primers small nipple, and the line back into the tank is the large nipple on the primer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I still do not understand this. How do you connect the line from the large nipple on the primer back into the tank? There is only one connection to the tank and if that connection is going to the tank, where does the line from the large nipple connect to the tank?
The primer only connects from the carburetor, that is the small nipple, The large nipple hose runs back into the tank, as a return. The line in the tank with the strainer, is the top hose on the carburetor. Bottom hose on the carburetor goes to the primer and the large nipple hose goes back into the tank. It may or may not have a fitting inside the tank. The hoses just push through the tank wall. To install line, you have to cut a long taper on the end of the hose, and use the point of the hose to go through the tank and hen grasp end with needle nose and pull through.