Jeremy R.
Jeremy R., Technician
Experience:  15+ years of experience and a business owner.
8380480

my 2008 ez go txt golf cart will go normal speed and then slow

my 2008 ez go txt golf cart will go normal speed and then slow down to a snails pace suddenly. the battery is charged because the lights work and reverse sound is loud. what is wrong
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for letting me try and assist you with your problem.
The lights are 12 volt and so is the reverse alarm so that doesn't mean the batteries are charged.
You need to test the whole battery pack and figure out what voltage you have in it.
A fully charged 36 volt cart should have about 38 to 40 volts fulley charged.
And then when it dies off test it again.
If it's 36 volts or lower you have a shorted out battery in there somewhere.
And the only way to figure out which one is to disconnect each battery and have it load tested.
A fully charged 6 volt battery will have over 6 volts in it. and should hold steady near 6 volts under a load. If it does not, that battery is no good and needs replaced.
Do those tests and if you don't figure it out by that let me know and we'll go further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when i plug up to charger, the charger is supposed to blink green when charging solid green when fully charged, and flashing red when fault code is read. it flashes twice red which the charger manual says it means battery is either under charged or over charged. since it runs the first five minutes then slows, it cant be undercharged can it?
Expert:  Jeremy R. replied 2 years ago.
Yeah, that actually proves the point. If your battery pack is too low your charger will not turn on. The only way to get around that is to disconnect each battery and charge it by itself on a manual battery charger. Then once youve done them all reconnect them and use the cart charger to top off the charge on the pack.
Jeremy R., Technician
Experience: 15+ years of experience and a business owner.