Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

I have a Poulan model#1950 chainsaw and the chain is not getting

I have a Poulan model#1950 chainsaw and the chain is not getting oil when I use it. There is plenty of oil in but it's not getting to the chain. How can I remedy this?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 4 years ago.

Vince O. :

Hello,first of all,are you using bar and chain oil or motor oil? Next make sure the bar groove is clear of dirt anf the holes at the mount end of the bar are clear,1 hole is for the chain adjuster and the top hole aloows oil into the bar groove.If all of those are ok the oil pump itself could be the problem.

Vince O. :

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=poulan_weed_eater&mn=1950+Gas+Saw+Type+4&dn=21_15_0003 #13 is the oil pump assy and it can also be ordered from sears parts direct.