Ranwell1
Ranwell1, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I Own a Lawn Mower Sales and service business (37years). Have 2-cycle and 4-cycle certification.
18770454

what causs gasoine to run out the exhaust on a homelite xl12

what causs gasoine to run out the exhaust on a homelite xl12 chain saw and what should the engine compression be

Ranwell1 :

hi

Ranwell1 :

I will be glad to try to help you.

Ranwell1 :

First, the compression MUST be between 100lbs and 140 lbs for the engine to have any chance of running correctly or at all.

Ranwell1 :

The only thing that will cause gas to run out of the exhaust is of the carburetor is dirty or the inlet needle and seat are not seating all the way.

Ranwell1 :

This means that at the very minimum, the carburetor will have to be completely cleaned and rebuilt using a COMPLETE carbureetor repair kit.... including a new needle.

Ranwell1 :

If it still leaks after that, then first you must try to make sure that the inlet lever that moves the inlet needle is set at the proper height.

Ranwell1 :

If this is done correctly and ti still leaks, then the carburetor itself will have to be replaced.

Ranwell1 :

This is because the seat that the rubber tipped neelde seats against is NOT replacable and most likely has some wear on it causing the needle and set not to set fully.

Ranwell1 :

Make sure that when you do the carburetor repairs, that you clean the gas tank compeltely and replace the fuel lines.

Ranwell1 :

Old gas or gum and varnish or diet will cause the problem to re-occcur.

Ranwell1 :

An old fuel line will usually start to disintegrate and the small rubber pieces can get into the carburetor and cause the same problem that you have now.

Ranwell1 :

If you need any more help with this, you can contact me here at this question...even after you have hit the "ACCEPT" button to pay me for this answer.

Please click "ACCEPT" or I won't get paid.

You may also consider sending a "BONUS" if I have been helpful, Please leave POSITIVE feedback for me as this is how I'm rated. Remember, a neutral is nearly as bad as a negative. If not satisfied, contact me and I will make it right. Thanks