James W
James W, Small Engine Troubleshooting Expert
Experience:  7 years as Mechanic & Parts Manager for Brother who has Owned Lawn & Garden Repair shop for 35 years
18589515

I have a Toro CCR 3650 snowblower that stopped throwing snow.

Customer Question

I have a Toro CCR 3650 snowblower that stopped throwing snow. The paddles turn, but won't throw snow - it just sort of bogs down.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  James W replied 2 years ago.

James W :

Greetings, My name isXXXXX and I am here to help the best I can. My goal is 100% satisfaction. Let's get started.

Customer:

Hi James...what else would you like to know?

James W :

Most likely you have a belt that is worn or the idler pulley is not putting enmough tension on the belt

James W :

Havie you looked at this yet?

James W :

also. what is the exact model number of the snowthrower such as 20388 and the serial number such asNNN-NN-NNNN/p>

Customer:

Haven't looked at the belt yet. Just so you know, it worked fine for about 15 minutes yesterday, then started acting up. The exact model # XXXXX XXXXX 3650

James W :

let me look a second

James W :

is this a single stage or twin stage

Customer:

single

James W :

ONE model of the toro ccr-3650 units is model 38518

James W :

the CCR-3650 is what we call a Large label name, but is not the model number

Customer:

where would i find the model number

James W :

the model number and serial number are on a PLATE

James W :

usually near the back

James W :

you may have to lift the handle and tilt it forward to see it

James W :

I am trying to locate breakdowns

James W :

and maybe a servie manual for you

Customer:

stand by for a few minutes and let me go check...i'll be right back

James W :

but want to make sure I do not waste your time by getting the wrong ones

James W :

I can wait

Customer:

model # = 38517....serial # = XXXXXXXXX /p>

James W :

Page 5-14 starts info on belt replacement, idler arm replacement, and adjustment

James W :

Try the serial num,ber again.. To protect you, the number

James W :

cam across as all XXXXXX

James W :

actually, the first two digits will work for me

Customer:

serial = two, three, zero, zero, zero, nine, nine, zero, seven

James W :

perfect, you have done this before

James W :

here is a complete set of parts breakdowns for your unit

James W :

They have good diagrams, not always the best prices

James W :

It is possible the spring may have come off and there is little to no tension

James W :

but, if you have never replaced the belt in 9 years, I will BET that is the problem

Customer:

it seems like something simple, i'm just not sure exactly how to access it...

James W :

That is the purpose for sending the complete service manual to you

James W :

They have VERY good start to finish instructions with graphics

Customer:

i've never had any problems with it before, so i'm not totally shocked that something went wrong...it's been a pretty reliable unit

James W :

MUCH better than I could ever tell you

Customer:

who are you referring to?

James W :

They who wrote the service manual I sent you... Did you miss that link?? You may have to scroll up

Customer:

that's the first link, correct? if so, yes, it seems very thorough....thanks.

James W :

If you have additional follow up questions, then feel free to come back and ask follow ups

James W :

even after you have hit ACCEPT.. I still answer

Customer:

will do...thanks again...i'll sign off for now...enjoy the rest of your day...

Experience: 7 years as Mechanic & Parts Manager for Brother who has Owned Lawn & Garden Repair shop for 35 years