Ask Outdoor Power Equipment Guru Your Own...

Outdoor Power Equipment Guru
Outdoor Power Equipment Guru, Technician
Experience:  I have worked twenty years as a Mechanic and am a State of Michigan Certified teacher in Small Engine and related equipment.
55638532

Just changed hydraulic fluid and filter in my Gravely mower

Just changed hydraulic fluid and filter in my Gravely mower and now the wheels won't turn.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Outdoor Power Equipment Guru replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you with this issue.

Could you provide the model number from the frame it will be six digits like 988XXX then I can access the correct diagram and try to help you. In the meantime I would recommend you don't try and run the engine and bleed it as you could cavitate a pump.

Kevin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model number is XXXXX
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Waiting for your reply. What else do you need? The mechanic at my Gravely dealer told me to start the engine and cycle handles back and forth 2 or 3 times and that should work. Right wheel spins fine - left wheel spins little to none.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
?????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Answer guru asked for more information, which I gave him and he did not respond. Apparently he went off line in the middle of answering
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is the $24 question. can you tell me how to bleed the system or not??????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is anyone going to give me an answer????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I asked my initial question at 12:19. It is now 3:15. I am STILL waiting for an answer. How much longer is this going to take????
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I must leave my current location now. Been waiting for more than 3 hours. My new e-mail address will beXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. Please reply to this e-mail address.
Sorry I was unable to get back on the site till now. Those pumps have a tendency to hold air at the top once they are drained. Running the lever back and forty will only do so much. Block the unit up so the Wheels are off the ground. You may need assistance with this part put the drive e in forward and then rotate the wheel by hand in the forward direction this Will force the air out of the lines a d help pass it up to the tank. Check your oil level frequently while doing this to avoid it getting low. Once it starts to move.on its.own cycle it back and forth then let it rest for about a half hour to allow separation of oil and air. Repeat as needed until the drive works properly. On e it heats up recheck hose connections to assure there are no leaks. Very sorry for the delay hope this helps.
Kevin
Experience: I have worked twenty years as a Mechanic and am a State of Michigan Certified teacher in Small Engine and related equipment.