How do i adjust the choke on my snowblower. It has a Tecumseh

Customer Question

How do i adjust the choke on my snowblower. It has a Tecumseh 8.0hp. It is not running well. I have to run it at 1/2 choke for it to stay running. Do the 2 screws under the carb., on the bell shaped piece make the adjustments?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  RUSS replied 4 years ago.

Hi, this is Russ, I'll be helping you with your problem today. THANKS! XXXXX AN ADJUSTMENT! Over time fuel goes bad and contaminates the carburetor. Before doing anuthing else, try this....on the bottom of the carburetor bowl is a brass nut....remove it! Allow the fuel to flow into a catch can. In the threads is a TINY hole, clean the hole with a wire. reassemble it and you should be back in business.....DISCARD OF THE FUEL CAUGHT IN THE CAN. THANKS AND GOD BLESS

If this does not do it the entire carburetor has to come off and be soaked ikn carb cleaner overnight minimum!

sorry for typo's

Thanks if I have trouble I'll get back.

GOOD LUCK! Please remember the green button that is how we get paid and you can ask a related question just by asking for me!