bgsengineclinic
bgsengineclinic, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in Small engine repair, Kohler Certified Expert Technician, Self-Employed in my own dealership.
55943398

I have a echo +pb 250 hand held blower with a zama rb-k106

Customer Question

I have a echo +pb 250 hand held blower with a zama rb-k106 carb. It will not start. Has spark, rebuilt the carb. Primer bulb will suck fuel from the tank. But it will start but dies immediately. Seems that it is not getting fuel, but I dont know why.Filter is fine.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 5 years ago.

Vince O. :

Hello,was the fuel filter off the hose before you rebuilt the carb?

Customer:

no

Customer:

I even removed the filter and put the hose into the gas tank, same result.

Vince O. :

How many turns are the adjustment screws open? They should be at least 2 full turns from a lightly seated position.

Customer:

this carb has no adjustment screws

Vince O. :

They showed 3 ser #s and I picked the one in the middle

Vince O. :

Can you give supply the model and ser numbers from the sticker near the carb ?

Customer:

do you mean the model number and serial number on the blower unit or the numbers on the carb itself

Customer:

the serial number on the blower is P33112026195 and the model number is XXXXX

Expert:  bgsengineclinic replied 5 years ago.
Hello. I'm an echo dealer - This is a rotary valve carburetor, there is an adjustment screw but it is capped off and adjustable only by a shop. When you rebuilt this carburetor, did you remove the rotary valve?

If you did remove the rotary valve, it is very likely you lost or mis placed the roller - there is a tiny roller that fits under the valve - if you have the air cleaner off or the carburetor off, turn the throttle until the bore in the rotary valve lines up with the throttle body bore (wide open throttle) and look at the top and bottom and make sure the valve is lined up perfectly with the bore. if it is not, you've lost the ramp roller that goes under the rotary valve . this will allow the valve and its needle (the adjustment needle is down in there) to sit too low, and it will run lean or out of fuel.

if you are looking at a parts diagram of the rotary valve carburetor, the guide roller is #21 in the diagram (echo parts diagrams) and is not a service part available from echo (although Zama might have them available) If no roller is available and you lost track of it, the only option is a new carburetor.

Also ensure that the gaskets were installed in the correct order. The metering diaphragm (with the big metal button) side, you install the gasket first , then the diaphragm. The fuel pump diaphragm goes to the carb body first followed by the gasket.

There is also a strainer filter in the carburetor that must be removed to inspect for blockage (small round metal screen) on the fuel pump side - that may also be gummed up or plugged, so you need to remove it with a pick (it can be cleaned and re-installed) to check for any blockage there.
Experience: Over 20 years of experience in Small engine repair, Kohler Certified Expert Technician, Self-Employed in my own dealership.