Chris
Chris, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  20 years of servicing small engines of all kinds
5111025

I have a craftsman snowblower and the main auger wont turn

Customer Question

I have a craftsman snowblower and the main auger won't turn so I can't use it. I checked the cable and belts. They all engage properly and the worm shaft turns but auger won't turn. Nothing in the manual on how to fix or service the "gear box" that connects worm shaft to auger shaft. Any advice or should I take it to a repair shop?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.

Chris :

Hello how are you

Chris :

It sounds as though you have a stripped or broken gear or gears in the box. The only way to know for sure exactly what you need it to disassemble it and inspect the components. This usually happens when the incorrect shear bolts.

Chris :

Here is a link to a couple videos on the repair process, after viewing the you can decide if this is a repair you want to tackle on your own or with the assistance of a repair shop.

Chris :

There are 4 video in the process

Chris :

Sorr videos

Chris :

Geez, Sorry videos

Chris :

If you have further questions or problems let me know. You should find a link back to this question in your email. Please remember to click on the accept button, it is the only way i am compensated for my time...Thanks