Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines
29067132

i have an old Briggs and Stratton leaf blower, 5 hp, model

Customer Question

i have an old Briggs and Stratton leaf blower, 5 hp, model 130902 type 221-1 where can i get a manual?
The blades seem to be hitting on the enclosed bottom and i don't know how to open it to see what the problem is.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jon K. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you find the answer you need to resolve your problem.

You can get a manual for your engine from Briggs and stratton directly.

Here is the parts manual for your engine and the owners manual for your engine The leaf blower was not made by Briggs and Stratton so in order to find any manuals for it we will need the manufacturer and model of the blower itself

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi
thanks for the manual. There is no label on the blower part itself. Ic an send you a photo of it, if this would help. The bottom of the blower is all enclosed but there is a hold in the bottom. It seem like the blades are hitting either the bottom or the sides as the blower shakes when I start it up. It never used to do this. I am trying to figure out how to take the encclosure off so I can try to see where the blades are hitting.

I can send you a photo of the blower.
Expert:  Jon K. replied 2 years ago.

A picture may help me identify it, or at least I can give you some ideas on where to start.

Just use the paper clip icon to upload pictures to this site

Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience: Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Expert:  Jon K. replied 2 years ago.
I can honestly say I have never seen a blower like this before. I could not even begin to guess on the manufacturer. Can you get a picture of the blower housing maybe a little further back. There must be a way to get inside that housing