Noel, Technician
Experience:  Electrical - Mechanical technician with 15 years experience

Poulan Pro BVM200VS wont start. Wont even try. Have fresh

Poulan Pro BVM200VS won't start. Won't even try. Have fresh gas mix in unit, new plug, new gas filter. Primer is moving fuel. Feels like decent compression. With plug removed, and on wire, plug sparks when turning engine.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Noel replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX will help you out. Since there is spark present on the plug, the problem can either be low compression or a blocked carburettor needle that is preventing fuel to entering the carb. If you have a compression tester I suggest you have a compression test first while if no, i suggest you remove the carb and open it up. Check the needle attached to the float to be moving freely up and down as if it is blocked it will prevent fuel from entering the carb and starting.