Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

my husqvarna chain saw wont start. it has spark but the fuel

my husqvarna chain saw won't start. it has spark but the fuel is not getting to the carbuerator.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 5 years ago.

Vince O. :

Hello,will it fire if you add a few drops of fuel directly into the carb?

Vince O. :

Does it have compression? Remove the plug and look inside the cylinder for any scoring.Also note the color of the plug.Gray is bad.

Customer:

I haven't tried that. I was thinking about that this morning. If it does, will the carb suck up fuel from the tank?

Vince O. :

Probably not, but it will tell you the compression is probably good and its a fuel problem

Customer:

Plug was light brown. Seems to have compression although i don't have a tester. will try fuel directly in to carb. Thanks.

Vince O. :

There are 2 rubber boots behind the carb adapter and the smaller green one(impulse seal) is probably cracked and causing your problem.If you remove the starter and top housing you will see what I mean.

Vince O. :

Full Size Image

Vince O. :

I will send a link so you can download a repair manual for free with instructions for you to look over. Give me a few min.

Vince O. :

Full Size Image
The manual doesn't go into detail about that,Not sure why.You need to remove the starter,top cover carb and then the screws holding the carb adapter and pull it off.