Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

Reference Engine Model #190402, Carb. overhall kit #398235.

Reference Engine Model #190402, Carb. overhall kit #398235. Float developed pin hole crack, got replacement float and carb kit. Valve for inlet has the tang on the float supposed to go between the valve and the spring, or rest on top of spring (actually when installed push up against spring when fuel bowl fills up. Help me if you can.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I'll be helping you today and am committed to providing clear and concise answers to your question.

This illustration should show you exactly how it goes, and also be sure to bend the tang so the float sets level when upside down.

Hope this helps!