Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

I have a Generac Gen. model 9856-0. It runs find but the gas

I have a Generac Gen. model 9856-0. It runs find but the gas tank is leaking gas at the tank valve. Tank P/N 77374 and tank valve P/N 78298 and tank bushing P/N 78299.(from the repair parts list).
Question? How can I tighten the valve and bushing to stop the leak. It just rotates both the valve and bushing when turned. Is there a special wrench or fixture to turn the bushing.
Claude Washburn XXX-XXX-XXXX
Thanking you in advance for any help to resolve.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I'll be helping you today and am committed to providing clear and concise answers to your question.

Unfortunately, the only option is to replace it. It's not held in with hardware of any type, it's just held by compressing the rubber bushing tightly between the tank opening and the fitting. It just gets pressed into place and the compression holds it there and prevents leaks. Here's what it looks like.

Hope this helps!