Jon K.
Jon K., Small Engine Diagnostic Expert
Experience:  Gold certified Stihl tech, Service Manager for a rental/repair shop.Certified in most small engines
29067132

I have a Briggs and Stratton GenPower 10.0 generator from Generac

I have a Briggs and Stratton GenPower 10.0 generator from Generac Portable Products, LLC. The model is 09719-3 and the series is SVP5000. I have tried multiple things to get it to start up and keep going but the only way it starts is when I spray it with carb cleaner first, and it only stays on for about 3-5 seconds at the most. The spark plug is new, I've refreshed the fuel and checked the oil levels and kill switches. I can't figure out what could be wrong..help?

Thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you find the answer you need to resolve your problem.

The problem you are having is that your carburetor is clogged and the engine is not getting fuel

In order to get you detailed information I will need the model type and code off your engine please

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The engine type # XXXXX XXXXX E1, I'm pretty sure (the stamp is kinda worn) and the code is(NNN) NNN-NNNN.
The type is correct, I will need the model number though, it should be the very first set of numbers in the series
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The engine model number is XXXXX I think..

Thank you. Here is the information I promised

Carburetor cleaning