megalosdog
megalosdog, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Hi, been a small engine mechanic for 8 years, been in business for myslf for 5..I'm here to help
62023143

My Karcher K5.86M will not pump. How do I strip it down

Customer Question

My Karcher K5.86M will not pump. How do I strip it down?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  megalosdog replied 5 years ago.
Hi, welcome. Could you please be a little more specific on what you mean by "not pump" and tell me exactly what it does when you squeeze the trigger?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The electric motor makes a "whirring" sound but the pump does not activate.
Well it is really hard to imagine what it sounds like over the internet. But usually the motor won't run unless you squeeze the trigger with water flowing through it. or unless there is no water going through it at all. What I am getting at is we need to confirm that the pump is not turning. And another thing to check is to make sure the wand is not clogged.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The pump is not turning and the wand is not clogged. How do I dis-assemble the pump to have it checked/repaired?
Here Is a link to an exploded view of a very similar model. Take a look at this and you will get a general idea on what to take apart, and it has all the parts you may need to repair. I can't explain step by step how to take it apart over the internet but this guide will lead you in the right direction. First things first, take off the plastics and get familiar with what you are working with.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX cannot open the link. Could you please send it by email?

http://www.pressureparts.com/ManualViewPage.aspx?Manual=/mmDEV/PDF/karcherparts/K5.85M 1.396-703.0.pdf try this or if you prefer email pm me you're email address

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for this but what I really need is a manual that gives me a step by step instruction on how to take out the pump for further testing. Any ideas on this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need to know how to strip down a faulty pump on a Karcher K5.86 pressure pump. Reference link to a manual would be OK.
I don't know of a repair manual for an electric washer for the diy. I believe once you get the plastic off you will see what needs to come apart or be done. I will be here if you need more help even after you hit the "accept" button..
Thanks, good luck!