Rick, Factory Authorized Trainer
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.

I need a wiring diagram for a lawn tractor, Yard Machine Model

I need a wiring diagram for a lawn tractor, Yard Machine Model 46sd 7spd 20hp, with a briggs engine model(NNN) NNN-NNNN1
Hello, and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I'll be helping you today and am committed to providing clear and concise answers to your question.

What is the model and serial number of the tractor? The items you mention are part of the vehicle harness rather than the engine harness.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yard Machines by MTD

Model 13BI675H062

briggs & stratton engine

Model 407777

Thank you. Give me a moment to locate the schematic, please...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
tractor serial # XXXXX
This is the diagram supplied by MTD for your unit, but I think you'll find it a bit hard to read. So I'm going to post a supplemental diagram as well. Please ask additional questions and we'll discuss until you are comfortable...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My 20 hp B&S has four wires, from one plug there is a wire going to a coil under the carberator, then on to the engine block. The other wire in that plug goes to the firing coils. The other plug has two wires that go under the flywheel What are they and what do they do. A diagram wiring these four wires into the tractor harness will satasify me.
The coil under the carburetor is the fuel shut-off solenoid. This must receive 12VDC when the key switch is in either the start or run positions. The wire going to the coils is the ground wire and has continuity to ground when the switch is in the off position or through the safety switches. The two wire from the alternator are AC for the lighting circuit (without the diode) and DC for battery charging (with the diode, bump under the shrink wrap tubing).

Does that make more sense?

This may also be of help...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need to go out and look. I missed the diode. I thank you got it. George
Let me know, please...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank You. George

Glad you're going again. Thank you for the accept, and best of success with all your hands touch!