Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators

I have Generac 9463-1 on a boom truck, it has no spark, is

Customer Question

I have Generac 9463-1 on a boom truck, it has no spark, is there a common problem or a wiring diagram, trouble shooting guide?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 years ago.

Hello!
Thank you for choosing Just Answer for the solution to your problem.
My name is XXXX, XXX I am going to assist you with this.

This model number is XXX coming up at all.

Did you maybe mistype a number or 2?

What is the serial number?

What type of genset is this - portable, commercial?

Are there any other identifying marks on it?

What engine is on it?

Please give me as much information as you can.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I found more numbers on the motor, Model 303775, type 0119-01 then under that number is XXXX, also another marked Code 92080611, the other numbers I sent must be for the genset, and they are correct
Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 years ago.

This is an engine I am very familiar with - Generac GN570.

It was actually made by Briggs and Stratton.

The issue I am having is that I need to identify the generator itself.

What is the serial number of the generator?

Are there any markings on the front of the generator, such as Q55, NP60 etc?

We can do a couple of things, though.

Remove the shroud over the top of the engine.

You will see 2 coils - one above each cylinder.

There is a single black wire coming from each coil (not counting the spark plug wires).

Unplug both of these black wires, and check for spark again. Check both cylinders.

Do you have spark with these wires disconnected?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
removing those wires got me spark, I installed a seperate switch to kill the ignitions, this thing has multiple switches on the bucket etc. thanks for the help
Expert:  Hank F. replied 2 years ago.

If this is satisfactory to you, then great.

But if you wish to finish the troubleshooting to find the problem, let me know.