James W
James W, Small Engine Troubleshooting Expert
Experience:  7 years as Mechanic & Parts Manager for Brother who has Owned Lawn & Garden Repair shop for 35 years
18589515

I have a Eager Beaver 2.0 McCulloah Chain saw Model number

I have a Eager Beaver 2.0 McCulloah Chain saw Model number 2014. It has no spark.
I'm assuming that the ingnition coil is the problem Part number 219848-01
Sear Parts says they are not avaliable, I've checked other sources like E bay with the same result. Their are many other ignition coils on the market can I subsitute another coil.
If this is possible which one (part number will work)

Greetings,

My name isXXXXX and I am here to help the best I can. My goal is 100% satisfaction. Let's get started.

I will look for you.. In the mean time, you may check with a company called www.oldmowerparts.com they actually are also www.oldchainsawparts.com too, but it just directs to the first site.

They have a LOT of New Old Stock mcculloch parts.

They also know where to get things that no one else seems to be able to find.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I contact old chainsaw parts and they were unable to help. They said through it away it cost too much to fix even if you can find the part which they don't have. They also said that no other part can be subsituted. It must be an exact match. They did not charge me for this information either so I don't think that you should either unless you can find a ignition coil. Sorry

Here is another lead.

They say they have it in stock.

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=TK%20219848-01&utm_source=base&utm_medium=cse

.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I ordered the part yesterday, They replied today saying not in stock. This is my problem

Your only chance left is to keep looking on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/McCulloch-Blower-Vac-219848-Coil-Module-Eager-Beaver-Super-Air-Stream-/260849421983?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbbd64e9f

We just missed this one by a day

But I have located one again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-McCULLOCH-COIL-302138-MC-9288-310001-SAWS-TRIMMERS-/150660086399?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23140a7a7f

You need to act quickly...

After you have been successful, please contact customer service to remove or modify the negative feedback.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Order this morning. waiting confirmation
You earned you fee I've accepted payment